Raincoast Books of Vancouver has always been an innovative company. I was thrilled when (then) digital marketing manager Monique Trottier asked me to help create a series of author podcasts for the company.
Many of the titles we worked on are now with other publishers, but the podcasts still hold up. Enjoy.
On June 12, 2006, Anthony Bourdain, the best selling author of Kitchen Confidentialand host of the TV show No Reservations, spent a day in Vancouver doing media interviews and bookstore appearances to talk about his new book The Nasty Bits.
He wore a lapel microphone during the entire day, allowing me to record Bourdain’s casual conversation with fans, private moments in the car, and regular interview style questions.
Part Two: The Book Signing
8 a.m. at Barbara-Jo’s Books to Cooks in Vancouver
- Anthony is greeted with a breakfast of champions.
- Barbara-Jo talks about why she had to have Anthony visit her store.
- Anthony meets the fans.
- Anthony gives advice on “must sample” street food vendors in New York City.
- He talks about who comes to book signings and why.
- Bourdain just doesn’t seem like your usual kind of cookbook author
- He reveals the best hidden cooks in New York.
- And Bourdain talks about turning 50 and why life is like pinball.
Part One | Part Two | Part Three |